Wow, thanks so much to Mike Senczyszak for nominating me for a Versatile Blogger Award! If you get a chance, check out his blog, Solsbury Hill, over at https://senczyszak.com/.
Still being somewhat new to the blogging world, I’m both humbled and flattered to be so supported by my peers who are already welcoming me to the community with open arms. I was unfamiliar with the rules of Versatile Blogging Awards, so I had to look them up.
Step 1) Say seven things about yourself. Okay, no problem!
- I was born and raised in Chicago. I miss the city sometimes, and the pizza, but don’t miss the winters. Also, go Cubs! (Let’s not talk about the Bears this season…)
- I absolutely love living in Florida. There’s something to be said for being able to go to the beach year round. And you know what? It’s fun to string Christmas lights on a palm tree.
- I am the proud owner of a ten-year-0ld Senegal parrot. Yes, he talks. He’s got a vocabulary of about 30 words. That are often not used in context.
- I have been a pescatarian for fifteen years. Hate steak, love seafood. Sushi is my guilty pleasure.
- My favorite authors growing up were R.L.Stine and Christopher Pike. Always leaned toward paranormal thrillers. In fact, the first story I ever wrote as a tyke involved a ghost inside a mall.
- I’m a major Disney nerd. This includes Marvel and Star Wars, and all the animated ones too. Don’t think there’s one I haven’t seen.
- I was an English major. SHOCKER.
Phew, step 1 done! But apparently, Step 2 of a Versatile Blogging Award involves nominating fifteen other bloggers.
Okay, this one might be a tad more difficult. I’m not sure I can think of fifteen just yet, but I can definitely come up with two.
1. Sumyanna’s blog, Sumyanna Writes, is a pretty darn nice mix of cool photography and beautifully written poetry, among other things. You can check it out here: https://sumyannawrites.wordpress.com
2. Shannon Noel Brady’s blog, Pointing Telescopes, is also a pretty neat little writing blog. The tone is fun and conversational, and it’s chock full of great reading recommendations. See for yourself https://snbradywriter.wordpress.com
I apologize to anyone feeling neglected. Being new, I haven’t had a chance to peruse many blogs as of yet. But I respect every blogger, and appreciate each and every one of my followers too.
So happy to be here, and even happier that there are people out there who actually want to hear what I have to say. Readers are what make a writer’s job truly fantastic. And so long as even one person is listening, you can bet this girl will continue happily writing.
Until next time,